Re: Integrating DiracDelta in Mathematica: how to suppress ConditionalExpression

On 10/7/12 at 1:32 AM, ybhattacharya at gmail.com (Yaj) wrote:

>For the integral shown below, how do I get Mathematica to output
>only the "correct" answer as 1 (for future steps in the notebook)
>and i.e. have Mathematica NOT OUTPUT the ConditionalExpresssion that
>q2 is real etc?

>In[5]:= Integrate[DiracDelta[p - q2], {p, -Infinity, Infinity}]

>Out[5]:= ConditionalExpression[1, q2 \[Element] Reals]

In[1]:= Assuming[q2 \[Element] Reals,
  Integrate[DiracDelta[p - q2], {p, -Infinity, Infinity}]]

Out[1]= 1

In[3]:= Integrate[DiracDelta[p - q2], {p, -Infinity, Infinity},
  Assumptions -> q2 \[Element] Reals]

Out[3]= 1

In[4]:= Integrate[DiracDelta[p - q2], {p, -Infinity, Infinity},
  GenerateConditions -> False]

Out[4]= 1