3D plotting problem in Mathematica

Hi,
i'd like to generate a plot (from a data file) that would like Fig.1. in the paper here:

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1210.1681v1.pdf

Any idea how can i possibly make it in Mathematica? I could surely use ListPlot3D, the problem is however that this will give me something that will loke more like a 3D surface and i really would like to see a space between lines corresponding to different time (see the fig in the reference link). Any help would be totally appreciated :)