Re: Making a stack.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128481] Re: Making a stack.
  • From: Brentt <brenttnewman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 03:31:27 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks guys.

I ended up figuring out the issue was with evaluation order and figuring
out how use hold first for functions which Set an argument. I found some
examples in one of the "applications" sections of the docs implementing
just this sort of semantics.

I always get tripped up on evaluation order but then it seems obvious once
I realize what is going on. I probably should give the advanced sections of
the docs a closer read instead of  ad hoc use of the function
documentation. I've perused those portions of the docs but it tends not to
stick until the issues actually come up.