LaunchKernels[] and Java

I have a machine with 8 cores and I have been getting amazing results with the parallel computation.  LaunchKernels[] gives me 4 kernels and many of my problems actually are probably running something like four times as fast.  This is really awesome!

But I am wondering if I can get Java to connect to all of these kernels.  I have some java code that I invoke from the mathematica user interface. This program will often run overnight or even for more than a day. I figured if Java will talk to all these kernels then I could divide the problem and it would run much faster.  (Conceptually the problem splits up nicely.)

Does anyone know how to do this?

-Timothy