Re: A new FrontEnd

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127989] Re: A new FrontEnd
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 04:58:10 -0400 (EDT)

On 06/09/2012 09:17, GMail wrote:
> Compared with simple mouse click and drag... I think it is.
> Imagine some command like this for a beginner?

The problem, of course, is that you can't cram a rich collection of
possibilities into a set of "simple mouse click and drag" commands, so
someone has to decide the small subset of Mathematica graphics ( to
continue with this example) to make available in easy ways.

I think it is far more important that the graph itself is easily
accessible, and that you need to learn a little syntax to customise that
graph. For that purpose, you have an even easier syntax using Wolfram
Alpha, and it shows you the corresponding syntax to guide you into more
sophisticated use of Mathematica!

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk