Re: A new FrontEnd

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128002] Re: A new FrontEnd
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 03:08:28 -0400 (EDT)

On 07/09/2012 09:56, Bill Rowe wrote:
> On 9/5/12 at 3:07 AM, rodrigomurtax at gmail.com (Murta) wrote:
>
>> 1- More Undo! (1 Undo is a shame)
>
> The key issue here is what a multiple level undo would undo. If
> the thought is simply to be able to undo text typed into the
> front end with no attempt to undo computations or concern
> regarding variable state reflect the result of undoing changes
> to text input, that is one thing. But to have variable state,
> computations etc reflect the undone changes to text input is
> quite something else and probably not possible to do in general.

An undo that had a side effect of removing all computations would be of
use to me. It is normally the text and input cells that matter.

> A better debugger might be useful to me.

Have you tried my (free) DebugTrace package? It doesn't use the
Workbench, and it will operate on really badly structured code.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk