- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg128073] Kernel exits
- From: davidgolber <hmsnively at aol.com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 03:40:24 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Running Mathematica 4 on a new PC (lots of memory)under Windows 7 Professional and XP Virtual Machine.
When doing long calculations, the kernal exits with no error messages of any kind, after about two hours. The front end is there, but the kernel is gone. (So if I type a command into the front end, it is as though the notebook has just been loaded and this is the first command given.)
The calculation is a lot of FindMinimum, with some error messages ("zero gradient" and "did not converge") which are suppressed as usual after four appearances. I wonder if the error process uses stack which is then not released correctly.
Prev by Date:
Re: Are some equations unsolvable?
Next by Date:
Puzzlement about In and Out with Wrappers
Previous by thread:
Re: FindMinimum function does not seem to work for simple problems
Next by thread:
Re: Kernel exits