creating a graphic in a text cell

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128146] creating a graphic in a text cell
  • From: Dushan Mitrovich <dushanm at spinn.net>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 04:55:38 -0400 (EDT)

I'm teaching a statics course that naturally requires a lot of
depictions of ropes, springs, pulleys, etc.  To produce a graphic box
I use Ctrl-1 and use the tool palette.  This works, a bit painfully, but
recently I ran into a need to depict angles with short arcs.  I couldn't
find a way of doing that that the graphic box would accept.

Is there a way to specify an arc, and if so, how?  I'm running Mathematica
8.0.4.0 under Mac OS X.6.8.  Thanks.

- Dushan Mitrovich

PS, is there a way to delete a cell without using the mouse?  The only
way I know is to click on the right bracket(s), then hit Delete.