Re: Epilog/Prolog and Show Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128162] Re: Epilog/Prolog and Show Question
  • From: E. Martín-Serrano <eMartinSerrano at telefonica.net>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 00:23:06 -0400 (EDT)

Dan,

As David says:

"Or even more simply without Inset".

his remark involves much more than code simplification, because as soon as
one goes beyond a toy, or even in small toys, 'Inset' induces a lot of
performance inconvenience  when dealing  with other dynamics stuff in the
graphics, (either the inset stuff being static or dynamic) and much more
when using locators.  Particularly, in the case of locators I would avoid
mixing them with 'Inset' as much as possible, and even more if locators and
Bezier curves are to be put together.

As per the many times mentioned locators' issue, right now I am working on a
notebook (still a small toy) which does not work with locators but works
perfectly with 2D Sliders. It seems to indicate that the rest of the
construct is OK, otherwise it would not work with 'Slider2D' either.

I have experienced the 'Inset' issue with locators many times; as soon as
the inset stuff in the graphics is removed the problem mostly disappear.

E. Martin-Serrano