Re: Crashing every other launch?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg128244] Re: Crashing every other launch?
  • From: Roland Franzius <roland.franzius at>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 02:55:54 -0400 (EDT)

Am 28.09.2012 05:02, schrieb James Stein:
> Yes, happens all too frequently.
> Last night I rebooted my Macintosh.
> This morning, I launched Mathematica for the first time after the reboot.
> It crashed.
> No other apps ever seem to do this;
> I strongly suspect a Mathematica bug is involved,
> perhaps in its use of cache files, temp files, or user authentication.

Probably a initalization directory clash.

In a comparable mess with the first MS-Vista systems I followed the

Deinstall Mathematica and remove all directories used for initalization.
Search and delete all init.m and *.tr files. Delete all issues of
Mathematica related keys in the registry.

Before a clean new installation be sure that theinstallation program has
writing permission for all relevant program and user directories. Start
the first session for each user with administrator privileges.

Roland Franzius