Re: A question about numerically solving differential equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130295] Re: A question about numerically solving differential equations
  • From: debguy <johnandsara2 at cox.net>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 00:59:31 -0400 (EDT)

having no definition of f0 or f1 I can't start to "bench check" the
result as I have no idea, ie, if a final integral of y`= blah would
even be valid.

it appears it may be a simple numerical search problem (though I'm
unsure a good way to look up the error message and match it to Mathematica code
to check this).

NDSolve has parameter for search area { x, xmin, xmax } etc.  you
don't show if you used it.

the algorithm must search (domain, range) looking for the usual
suspects.  and I'm sure if the algorithm doesn't find what it's
looking for it bails.  what message that should give i'm not totally
sure (i'd usually try a different strategy to insure a condition
upfront, and not worry about it)