Re: Change Tooltip on Google Network Graph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130301] Re: Change Tooltip on Google Network Graph
  • From: debguy <johnandsara2 at cox.net>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 01:01:31 -0400 (EDT)

i haven't upgraded to 9 yet but let me ask

x=Tooltip[expr, label]

is pretty simple: it assigns label to "hotspot" of expr.  if you want
label changed Evaluate x with different label.

Possibly you can use an expr instead of label that returns a label in
place of label: but only if tooltip evaluates it on every mouse-over -
you'd have to try it.  it might not evaluate every mouse-over.

I think Mathematica 9 does have mouse-event callbacks which would allow you to
show any kinda (button box) for you choice of mouse event.  Doesn't
it?

it's new in Mathematica 9 to bother with exposing mouse events for a given
window area (or touch events, same thing) (Mathematica had buttons before).
but it's old news as X windows (like from the 1970's old) MOUSE_CLICK
is one origional string (and still, copied by everyone incl.
microsoft)

in X one can listen in on mouse events and do whatever.  I doubt
that's needed though.