Packages with data sets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130305] Packages with data sets
  • From: Brentt <brenttnewman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 03:25:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, I am writing a package which requires for its use access to a 80 mb
data set.

Is there a standard way to associate a package with a set of data? I
figured out a way that involves pulling the data from dat files available
online and parsing them into a more readily available mathematica form. But
I'd rather be able to have the user just have the data with the package.
What is the best way to go about this? I thought .mx files but I noticed
the docs say that they don't work across platforms.