Re: Getting an array into a C program through mathlink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130316] Re: Getting an array into a C program through mathlink
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 03:29:29 -0400 (EDT)

That's an interesting observation, but I can't say it matches my own
experience.  I've found MathLink to be remarkably compatible across
major version number changes of Mathematica, and to be generally robust.
 It is the only way the FE and the kernel communicate with each other
(not to mention other lesser components of the system), and the nature
of that connection is not simple; I would say it uses a majority of the
features that MathLink has to offer.

It's not clear to me exactly what you're referring to as "Wolfram
problem reports".  But I'd certainly be interested in knowing about any
issues that you or anyone else may be experiencing with MathLink.

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group
Wolfram Research, Inc.