extract from Reduce

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130340] extract from Reduce
  • From: hamiltoncycle at gmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 22:50:57 -0400 (EDT)

I have a result from the command Reduce that looks like this (as an example):

a:= x==3||x==4||x==7

I need to extract the numbers but I can't find a nice way to handle the case when there is only one equation, for instance:

a:= x==6

currently I check what the head of the expression is (Head[a]) and handle the case Head[a]=Or with a Map[] and the case Head[a]="Equal" with a[[2]]. Not very nice, but I guess that there is a neat way to do it.

cheers, Robert