Re: "Programming With Mathematica" Exercise help

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg130456] Re: "Programming With Mathematica" Exercise help
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 02:17:25 -0400 (EDT)

I put most expressions in FullForm or close to FullForm

The following with no Hold

In[1]:= Clear[z,a];
Out[4]= 14

Now with Hold
In[5]:= Clear[z,a];
Out[8]= 12

As you pointed out in the clipping of the exercise question, "use the Hold
.. in the compound expression .. value of 12". The solution is in the

So I put a Hold on z where z is being initially Set in the compound