linux mathematica speed

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg130524] linux mathematica speed
  • From: Stefan Schwarz <fxbrain at>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 01:14:05 -0400 (EDT)

i'm using Mathematica on Linux 3.5 (ubuntu 12.10)
my question is, if someone has some experience speeding up things like
animations and complex graphic output.

(my machine is not cutting edge, but has a i5/2.4GHz cpu...that should be enough.)

i was using Mathematica on the same machine on windows and there is a huge
difference in execution speed, especially with graphics and animations (animate, manipulate etc.)

thanks in advance