Re: Mathematica integration Vs Sympy

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg130563] Re: Mathematica integration Vs Sympy
  • From: Alex Krasnov <akrasnov at>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 05:16:06 -0400 (EDT)

Mathematica's Integrate implicitly assumes that parameters have generic
values. The result can be invalid for special values, in this case, a==1.
It appears that the same is true for SymPy's integrate, as u.subs({a:1})

For other values, the Mathematica and SymPy results appear to differ by
a constant of integration. Both results are valid. This is a consequence
of different integration procedures and can occur even for the same
integral in different forms in Mathematica and presumably SymPy.