Re: AMD Benchmark[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130624] Re: AMD Benchmark[]
  • From: debguy <johnandsara2 at cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 23:08:57 -0400 (EDT)

I looked at it and I'm sure it's a very fast and capable processor.

"In some cases by default it does not use optimized code paths on AMD
cpus."

I think AMD and Intel both have processor models with uploadable cores
- meaning you can make one processort act as if it is another or even
write your own processor / emulator code.

Another total scene in todays processors is integrated USB and video.
With these you can make your own "panda board" :)  That is: you can
with far greater ease develop and end-user device you might be trying
to sell.

Watch out for relying on chip features that require drivers.  You
don't always get driver updates for the target OS.  Both AMD and Intel
have maybe the best records for providing the ones you need (I didn't
say perfect).