Re: Fitting a Complicated Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131477] Re: Fitting a Complicated Function
  • From: rdlady at gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 02:50:45 -0400 (EDT)

I'm having a similar problem in Mathematica.
When I try to fit data to my formula I get errors like this:

p = Fit[data, {1, x, y, k, z, a, b, k/x, z/x, z/y, z/k, a/y, b/x, b/y, b/k, b/z, b/a }, {x, y, k, z, a, b}]

MathematicaScript -script script.m  | head

                                                 1
Power::infy: Infinite expression -- encountered.
                                                 0.

                                                 1
Power::infy: Infinite expression -- encountered.
                                                 0.

This is because some "a" and some "b" in my training set are zeros. How can I run linear regression with this formula (x, y, k, z, a, b, k/x, z/x, z/y, z/k, a/y, b/x, b/y, b/k, b/z, b/a ) without changing my a and b values?