How to remove external parentheses from a list

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131511] How to remove external parentheses from a list
  • From: Samuel Mark Young <sy81 at sussex.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 07:06:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I'm looking for an easy way to remove the external parentheses from a list.  The list contains integration variables and their respective limits, it currently looks something like this:

{{x1,a,b},{x2,c,d},...,{xn,y,z}}

However, the Integrate (or NIntegrate function) in Mathematica wants me to write it like this:

{x1,a,b},{x2,c,d},...,{xn,y,z}
i.e. The external parentheses have been removed

I've looked around online and seen suggestions for replacing the curly brackets "{" with a blank space " ", or using Apply (@@) but can't work out the correct syntax.

Thanks for any help and advice!

Regards,
Sam