How can I simplify inverse functions with powers in them?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg131519] How can I simplify inverse functions with powers in them?
- From: Jesse Perla <jesseperla at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 02:06:03 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Given the following two equivalent inverse functions, why does one simplify (using inverse functions that are acceptable to me) and the other doesn't? Is there an assumption or setting I can give which will force these to use inverse functions and simplify properly? $Assumptions = A > 0 && k < 1 && k > 0; InverseFunction[(#1 A^k (#1)^k) &] // FullSimplify InverseFunction[(#1 (A #1)^k) &] // FullSimplify Thanks, Jesse