Re: making a Module or Column that will print lines interspersed with plots

Print the plots, just as everything else was printed.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net

From: Bruce Shore [mailto:bwshore at me.com]

I run Mathematica 7. I have some legacy notebooks,   from Mathematica 5, in
which there were Modules such as

macro :=Module[{j},
Print["something"];
plota;
Print["something else"];
plotb
];

where plota and plotb were plots. Now with Mathematica 7 the semicolons
prevent the plots from showing up. Show[plota]; has the same problem. The
semicolons, which are needed in a Module, prevent the plotting.  I have
tried using a Column or a Graphics column,

macro:=Column[{
Print["something"],
plota,
Print["something else"],
plotb
}]

and this does the printing and the plotting, but all the printing comes at
the beginning and all the plots come after that. I really want the printing
to come in between the plots, in the order that I show them. How can I do
this?

Bruce Shore
bwshore at me.com
(925) 455 0627