Re: Help with "recession bar" graph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129736] Re: Help with "recession bar" graph
  • From: Alan G Isaac <alan.isaac at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 00:44:51 -0500 (EST)

On 2/8/2013 11:12 AM, Bob Hanlon wrote:
> Show[
>   RegionPlot[
>    {6 <= x <= 13, 19 <= x <= 25, 39 <= x <= 46},
>    {x, 0, 50}, {y, 0, 100},
>    BoundaryStyle -> None],
>   ListLinePlot[data]]

This is informative, but it does not meet my needs.
You put the RegionPlot first, as needed for proper overlay,
but then it hijacks the plot properties.
I'm really looking for something equivalent to Matplotlib's
axvspan, in order to add a Graphics element to an existing plot.
For now I'm putting a rectangle in the Prolog and handling
the y-coordinates myself, but I'd welcome a better solution.

Thanks,
Alan Isaac