Re: Autocomplete popup with Mathematica 9.0.1 on Xubuntu

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129799] Re: Autocomplete popup with Mathematica 9.0.1 on Xubuntu
  • From: bsyehuda at gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 01:56:08 -0500 (EST)

I assume you already got the mail from WRI
if not, here is a copy of what I have got
Dear yehuda ben-shimol,

It has come to our attention that some customers who have
upgraded to our release of Mathematica 9.0.1 for Linux have
encountered an issue with the new code completion feature (known
as the Input Assistant).

The issue was found on certain Linux distributions and window
manager combinations shortly after release. Affected users could
not properly enter code, because of interference from the Input
Assistant.

Macintosh and Windows versions are not affected, and systems that
have not had previous versions of Mathematica installed are not
affected.

We now have new Mathematica 9.0.1 for Linux installer files that
address the issue described above.

These new files are now available to download from the Wolfram
User Portal:
https://user.wolfram.com/portal/myProducts.html

We recommend that all users of Mathematica 9.0.1 for Linux remove
their current installation and then download and install the
version that is now available on the portal.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Regards,

Arnoud Buzing
Director of Quality Assurance
Wolfram Research