Re: Using a notebook - how to add a caption and ...

If you wish to display an image in the original resolution and size (one
pixel of image to one pixel on the screen) you could use the following
function:

fullSizeFix = Style[Image[#, Magnification -> 1], Magnification -> 1] &;

Usage:

Column[{fullSizeFix@pic, "Mathematica 9 is here"}]

Sincerely,
Alexey