Ingolf Dahl's "SetFaceAndFont" palette broken in Mathematica 9
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg129859] Ingolf Dahl's "SetFaceAndFont" palette broken in Mathematica 9
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 00:59:26 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This refers to Ingolf Dahl's palette SetFaceAndFont -- see:
I've been using it for some years as the quickest way to apply various
formatting to selected text. E.g., in a Text cell select a Mathematica
name and click the palette's button that changes the font to Courier. Or
select some text and change its font to Times Italic. Or change the
background color for the selection to a light yellow.
But with Mathematica 9 (or at least 9.0.1), clicking one of the
palette's buttons now applies the effect to the entire cell -- not just
to the selection.
Has anybody else experienced this? What might be the reason for the
change in behavior and how might it be fixed?
Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2838 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305
Prev by Date:
Re: Stephen Wolfram's recent blog
Next by Date:
Re: Obtaining Random LIne from A file
Previous by thread:
Re: Does MLGetUTF8String() return a null-terminated string?
Next by thread:
Re: Ingolf Dahl's "SetFaceAndFont" palette broken in