ComplexExpand off by a factor of (-1)?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg129882] ComplexExpand off by a factor of (-1)?
- From: charles.ces at gmail.com
- Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 01:05:24 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
Would someone be able to help me understand why when I enter the expression: ComplexExpand[(E^(I*y) - E^(-I*y))/2*I] I get a result of -Sin[y] instead of Sin[y]? Thanks. Charles S.