Re: Compiling numerical iterations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129900] Re: Compiling numerical iterations
  • From: Peter Klamser <klamser at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 23:32:40 -0500 (EST)

Compiling functions with Complie[{...},...] was once ago (I think
version 5 or earlier) interesting for simple problems. Complex
algorithmen was always useless to compile.

For versions ealier then 5 it was a nice approach to write small c
programs for small modules:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/piuz.19970280618/abstract

Today it only interesting exporting your results to c so it can be
integrated into a softwar, that runs outside a Mathematica workplace.

Kind regards from

Peter