Re: How to discard negative solutions

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg129312] Re: How to discard negative solutions
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr357 at>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 20:04:11 -0500 (EST)

$Assumptions is the default setting for the Assumptions option used in
such functions as Simplify, Refine, and Integrate.  >>

$Assumptions is not used by Solve directly. Imbed the $Assumptions as
constraints in the Solve or use Select or Cases or DeleteCases along
with Simplify/FullSimplify to eliminate undesired results.

Bob Hanlon