Re: Attaching a notebook to a message

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129356] Re: Attaching a notebook to a message
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 23:04:20 -0500 (EST)

On 07/01/2013 05:35, Frank K wrote:
> It worked on both Mathematica 8 and 9.  Version 9 had a message saying it had updated the styling.

It is the creation of one of these objects that is a bit flaky under
9.0.0, because NotebookGet can generate junk in particular situations.

You can use an alternative for NotebookGet containing a workround:

NotebookGet1[nb_]:=(NotebookGet[nb]/.RowBox[x___]/;(Length[{x}]!=1 ||
Head[x]=!=List):>RowBox[{x}]);

An easy way to check, of course, is to reverse the process on the string
before posting it. Hopefully a version 9.0.1 will be out very soon!

Now we know it works, I should add a word of warning. Obviously it is a
good idea to turn off dynamic execution when using an 'attached'
notebook, unless you trust the sender.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk