- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg129365] Re: Precision
- From: Ray Koopman <koopman at sfu.ca>
- Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 23:07:20 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jan 4, 11:17 pm, Rob Ryan <tio54... at gmail.com> wrote:
> My frustration is growing. I simply want to add (for example):
> 103971.66+52282.64+2998.27. These are dollars and cents and I'd
> like to keep the cents. But when I input that line, I get 159923.
> When I input: N[(103971.66+52282.64+2998.27),20] I STILL get 159923.
> What do I do to get 159952.57? I've used "SetPrecision", etc.
> with still no result.
> I note that when I type 103971.66 and hit shift-return, the
> output is 103972. If I then type "InputForm[%]" I get 103971.66.
> There simply has to be an easy way to add these numbers -
> any calculator watch can do it!
If you want the cents to *always* print, use PaddedForm with an
explicit request for 2 digits to the right of the decimal point.
s = 103971.66 + 52282.64 + 2998.27
t = s + .43
Prev by Date:
Re: Cursor position on images
Next by Date:
system of differential equations mathematica help
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Mathematica 9.0 : SIGSEGV / Linux