How can I import a file wiht a space as a separator?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129400] How can I import a file wiht a space as a separator?
  • From: David Kirkby <drkirkby at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:41:57 -0500 (EST)

You might see from my previous post I'm looking for a function to read a Touchsone file format, which is defined by this "draft" standard,

http://vhdl.org/ibis/connector/touchstone_spec11.pdf

which has been draft for 30 years, but is still used as the standard. The main point is a header (which I can skip), but then 9 data points on each line, but with a space separating them, so not something simple like a comma. Every attmpt I've made so far to read these in results in one string per line, rather than 9 data points per line.

Dave