Re: Setting parameters via Manipulate?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg129587] Re: Setting parameters via Manipulate?
- From: Peter Äendula <cendos at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 01:41:36 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
Hi Tamas, I have exactly the same problem. Did you come to solution in the meantime? Thanks Peter On Thursday, October 6, 2011 10:27:47 AM UTC+2, Lengyel Tamas wrote: > Dear Community, > > > > I am facing a rather hard to learn problem in Mathematica: setting > > multiple parameters simultaneously. > > > > The basic problem is as follows: I have a set of parameters that define a > > physical element (in my case an optical fiber). There are some standard > > fibers with fixed parameters. > > I wish to have a drop down menu (PopUpMenu in Math 8.0 I believe) that > > sets these parameters to fixed values and have a few other parameters that > > are adjustable in my simulation. > > > > Ideally I wish to have all parameters to be able to be set using > > Manipulate or some other sort of way (input string) and have drop down > > menus that make these variables "jump" to the defined value. > > > > My questions are: > > > > -how can I implement this selection-type menu with fixed parameter sets and > > -how can I have those parameters be adjustable alongside the above method? > > > > Thank you in advance. > > > > Tam=E1s Lengyel