Matrix elimination

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg129602] Matrix elimination
  • From: Šerých Jakub <Serych at>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 02:25:42 -0500 (EST)
Dear comunity,
I'm trying to play around with the simple matrixes in Mathematica for the first time and I have beginners question:

Does Mathematica have a function, which makes the intermediate step of Gaussian elimination to produce just eliminated upper triangular matrix? Function UpperTriangular only cuts the lower triangular places off (which is not what I need) and RowReduce makes the completely reduced echelon form of matrix.
I needed the step in the middle of the RowReduce way.

Thanks in advance for any tips