Mathematica Kernel Stops Functioning
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg131399] Mathematica Kernel Stops Functioning
- From: johnfeth at gmail.com
- Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 03:02:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I installed Mathematica 9 on my computer (64 bit quad core AM 3450 (AMD) processor with 6 GB of ram) about a week ago. I've run a couple of notebooks (a notebook with intensive numerical computation and a notebook with intensive symbolic computation) which I developed on Mathematica versions 6, 7, and 8. Both of these notebooks work very well with Mathematica 6, 7, and 8.
However, Mathematica 9 starts off with great fervor (as I watch with the Windows 7 (64 bit) Resource Monitor), but after about an hour of computation, the Mathematica kernel simply stops working and the CPU runs at only about 1% apparently performing only inscrutable PC housekeeping tasks. Not surprisingly, the notebook never ends, and I get no result.
Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? Or better yet, how to fix it?
Prev by Date:
Mathematica v9.0 on linux -- Plot3D
Next by Date:
Re: constructing a continuous region from 2D data using
Previous by thread:
Re: Mathematica v9.0 on linux -- Plot3D
Next by thread:
Re: Mathematica Kernel Stops Functioning