Writing numeric data to CSV does not write final EOL

Hi!

I am using Mathematica 8 to write a numeric matrix to a csv file using the commands:

mytable = {{1, 2}, {3, 4}};
mytable = Export["C:/tmpfile.csv", mytable, "csv"];

This produces a file, but does not put a final line end character after the 4. I am trying to read this file with R, which requires the final line end character. I was wondering if anyone knew the simplest (or a very simple) way to add the additional line end character.

Thanks!

Clark