problem with running mathematica with & sign from command line
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg131153] problem with running mathematica with & sign from command line
- From: tle <truongvle at yahoo.com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 05:03:36 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
I am trying to run a notebook that I have created from command line with & sign at the end, and ran into a problem with mathematica quitting the program immediately. I am running mathematica on my Mac.
I have no problem when running from the command line with the following statement without the "&" sign:
/Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/MacOS/MathKernel -noprompt -initfile test.m
where "test.m" is a script that contains the notebook that I have created.
However, mathematica is automatically stop executing when I run from the command line with the following statement with the "&" sign. I basically want mathematica to run in the background, hence, the "&" sign is at the end. I don't quite understand why mathematica stop executing when the "&" sign is there. Could anyone please explain? Many thanks!
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: Removing list elements in x by list y
Previous by thread:
Re: What is wrong with 2Pi?
Next by thread:
running mathematica from command line