fit curve on to an imported graph

I have a graph in .png format generated from other software and want to
generate some curves like (a/x)^-1/b in mathematica and compare the curve
to the graph directly.

I am wondering how could I import the .png image and generate the
(a/x)^-1/b on to that image?

If the curve can be shown in Manipulate[...] way that would be better,
since I can adjust the parameters a and b and see the changing on the
background of the imported image.

thanks for your help!