MathGroup Archive 2013

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Re: Using Mathematica

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131193] Re: Using Mathematica
  • From: Jesse Ramey <jramey at mathematica-applications.com>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 05:20:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@mail-archive0.wolfram.com
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@wolfram.com
  • Delivered-to: mathgroup-outx@smc.vnet.net
  • Delivered-to: mathgroup-newsendx@smc.vnet.net

Mathematica is a great tool for anybody who has the time and interest to learn its syntax and apply its programming language.   There are many people who have great ideas they want to execute with Mathematica but don't have the time to develop there own applications.  

I'm thinking specifically about classroom teachers.  They want to show their class a comparison of two functions and explore shift behaviors.  They want to explain the concepts of limits, derivatives, and integrals with graphics and computational ability at their finger tips to illustrate ideas.  The want to show how to do a bet-fit curve derived from lab data, and then do analysis on rates and curve areas associated with the function modeled the data.

I do a lot of tutoring for students in math at the upper high school and lower college levels, so I wrote a family of applications over Mathematica I could use in my teaching practice...an advanced calculator, chemistry oriented databases, human genome database, line equation modeler, circle modeler, and speech synthesizing graphic organizer.

I've made them available for anybody who finds them useful. They're located at http://mathematica-applications.com.  They can be trialed without charge or obligation by current Mathematica users.  Purchase prices fall in the shareware range of $20 to 40 per app if any actual purchase is made.

• Prev by Date: Re: Applying data from a database link to a GraphPlot
  • Next by Date: Re: Getting the plotted data from a graph
  • Previous by thread: Re: Working with arrays
  • Next by thread: Axes in Plot3D and ListPlot3D