Dot or Young Diagram in Wolfram Alpha or Mathematica ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131299] Dot or Young Diagram in Wolfram Alpha or Mathematica ?
  • From: amzoti <amzoti at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:13:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

Can Wolfram Alpha or Mathematica do a dot (sometimes called a Young) diagram?

Basically, let C be the rational canonical form of a matrix. Find a matrix P such that C = P^(-1)AP.

For example, http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/428811/dot-diagram-aka-young-diagram-method-for-finding-a-rational-cannonical-basis

It would be nice if it could show the reduction of (xA - I) to find the monic (if diagonalizable) polynomials.

Do such commands exist?

I found Ferrers diagram and Young Tableau, but I am not sure of these are somehow related.

Thanks for any insights.

Regards