Syzygy module computation

Hi everyone,

I wish to compute the first syzygy module of a finitely generated module over a polynomial ring over a field. Is there a Mathematica package available that does this? I am aware of Singular.m which is an interface to Singular, but I am looking for a standalone Mathematica package.

Many thanks,

--Marko