Text alignment within a cell

  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Subject: [mg131344] Text alignment within a cell
  • From: Rob Holman <robholman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 04:59:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Newsgroups: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica

Is there a way to align text two different ways within the same cell?

I'd like to start a cell left-aligned, and then switch to center-aligned later.

Reason being, I'd like the entire thing framed and with a colored background.  If there's a way to merge several cells in a frame with a background, that would work as well.