Re: unexpected output order in notebook (Mathematica 9; bug?)

I don't remember the Mathematica Book saying that using an embedded
carriage return in an  Input Cell produces a series Output Cells
ordered LR by carriage return.  Infact I don't see a Book example that
try it.  why can't you split the cell?  what is the issue to resolve?