Re: Does Wolfram Alpha Pro support all of the functionality of Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130669] Re: Does Wolfram Alpha Pro support all of the functionality of Mathematica
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 03:37:34 -0400 (EDT)

Just a comment that with so many products already on the market, and
more promised or hinted at, it does become difficult to understand at
once which Wolfram product does what.

Reminiscent at times of how manufacturers fill supermarket shelf space
with many variations of the same basic product. And at times just as
confusing or annoying.

Is there some large comparison matrix across both the Mathematica and
the WolframAlpha product lines?

On Apr 30, 2013, at 4:19 AM, amzoti <amzoti at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering of the pro version (pay version) supports all of the
functionality of Mathematica.

> I realize the programming part is difficult, so more to that point is
does it support all of the commands that Mathematica offers over the web
user interface?

> Mathematica has an amazing and large collection of very powerful
commands and I wonder if you get access to those for plotting, solving
equations, special functions ... through the WA Pro UI.

> The web site shows some of the improved functionality you get with
Pro, but doesn't really answer this question.

> Thanks for any insights.
>
> -A

---
Murray Eisenberg
murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower            phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts                               413 545-2838 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street                         fax   413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305