Re: TransformedDistribution result not expected

You used ax (single variable) instead of a*x (explicit multiplication of
two variables) or a x (space for impicit multiplication).

TransformedDistribution[a x + b,
    x \[Distributed] NormalDistribution[mu, Sigma]]

NormalDistribution[b + a mu, Sigma Abs[a]]

Bob Hanlon