Re: How Random works?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg130744] Re: How Random works?
- From: Daniel Lichtblau <danl at wolfram.com>
- Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 04:12:52 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
On May 7, 2:53 am, Joug Raw <joug... at gmail.com> wrote: > I want to know which algorithm Mathematica are using to generate random > numbers. How large is its period? And how the deterministic part works? I > also need to have an quantitative idea about the bias in a random sequence > produced by this algorithm. > > I tried google it, but have nothing found regarding to any details about > the algorithm. Any one can help? Thanks. A Google search using the line below came up with a number of viable hits. mathematica random numbers Here is one such. It has a method section among other things. http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/tutorial/RandomNumberGeneration.html This StackExchange thread might also have some bearing on the matter. http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/questions/3208/quality-of-random-numbers Daniel Lichtblau Wolfram Research