MathGroup Archive 2013

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Mathamatica / Calculus Consultant Sought

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130770] Mathamatica / Calculus Consultant Sought
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 03:48:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@mail-archive0.wolfram.com
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@wolfram.com
  • Delivered-to: mathgroup-outx@smc.vnet.net
  • Delivered-to: mathgroup-newsendx@smc.vnet.net

I am a new Mathematica user and have stumbled into a bit of a bind.  My attempt to learn Mathematica and regain long lost calculus skills has been frustrated by an unexpected stream of other work responsibilities.  I'm rolling up on a deadline that I will not be able to meet and would like to transfer what I've done already to a Mathematica/ calculus consultant for completion. 

The dynamics of a fairly simple mechanical system must be studied. Mathematica software has already been used (basically as a word processor) to describe the system and set up the equations.  The problem, as currently described by existing calculations, must be cast in a form solvable by Mathematica.  The scope of work includes:

1. Set up equations in correct form/syntax for Mathematica.
2. Use Mathematica to solve the calculus problems.
3. Use Mathematica to create a position vs. time plot.  (This plot is the desired output of the analysis.)
4.  Yell at me if you catch a mistake in my math or physics.

The project will require strong calculus and Mathematica skills.  Differential equations and integrals must be found.

Unfortunately, time is now extremely short.  I'm hoping that the bulk of the work can be completed this week.

Regarding terms, I'm flexible.  We can arrange a lump-sum contract or an hourly arrangement (with an hours estimate).  I'm assuming pay by PayPal, but open to other methods that work better for the consultant.  I'm comfortable with up-front payment for a portion of the project (say something between 30 and 50%).

If you are interested, please send me a private message.  I will forward project details for you to review in advance of your quote.

Thank you!

• Prev by Date: Re: Work on Basic Mathematica Stephen!
  • Next by Date: Re: Mathematica 8 does not like Sum[1/k,{k,n,10}]
  • Previous by thread: Re: Mathematica 8 does not like Sum[1/k,{k,n,10}]
  • Next by thread: Re: Mathamatica / Calculus Consultant Sought