MathGroup Archive 2013

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Re: Mathamatica / Calculus Consultant Sought

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130784] Re: Mathamatica / Calculus Consultant Sought
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 03:17:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@mail-archive0.wolfram.com
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@wolfram.com
  • Delivered-to: mathgroup-outx@smc.vnet.net
  • Delivered-to: mathgroup-newsendx@smc.vnet.net
  • References: <kmq5rj$ai2$1@smc.vnet.net>

Hi David,

What kind of equations/system are you looking at? Do you have any samples?

Aneet, PhD (Mechanical engineering)/Michigan Tech

Am Montag, 13. Mai 2013 03:48:03 UTC-4 schrieb David Fennell:
> I am a new Mathematica user and have stumbled into a bit of a bind.  My attempt to learn Mathematica and regain long lost calculus skills has been frustrated by an unexpected stream of other work responsibilities.  I'm rolling up on a deadline that I will not be able to meet and would like to transfer what I've done already to a Mathematica/ calculus consultant for completion.
>
>
>
> The dynamics of a fairly simple mechanical system must be studied. Mathematica software has already been used (basically as a word processor) to describe the system and set up the equations.  The problem, as currently described by existing calculations, must be cast in a form solvable by Mathematica.  The scope of work includes:
>
>
>
> 1. Set up equations in correct form/syntax for Mathematica.
>
> 2. Use Mathematica to solve the calculus problems.
>
> 3. Use Mathematica to create a position vs. time plot.  (This plot is the desired output of the analysis.)
>
> 4.  Yell at me if you catch a mistake in my math or physics.
>
>
>
> The project will require strong calculus and Mathematica skills.  Differential equations and integrals must be found.
>
>
>
> Unfortunately, time is now extremely short.  I'm hoping that the bulk of the work can be completed this week.
>
>
>
> Regarding terms, I'm flexible.  We can arrange a lump-sum contract or an hourly arrangement (with an hours estimate).  I'm assuming pay by PayPal, but open to other methods that work better for the consultant.  I'm comfortable with up-front payment for a portion of the project (say something between 30 and 50%).
>
>
>
> If you are interested, please send me a private message.  I will forward project details for you to review in advance of your quote.
>
>
>
> Thank you!

• Prev by Date: Re: Work on Basic Mathematica Stephen!
  • Next by Date: Re: Data interpolation
  • Previous by thread: Re: Mathamatica / Calculus Consultant Sought
  • Next by thread: FindMinimum convergence criteria