Re: Work on Basic Mathematica Stephen!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130838] Re: Work on Basic Mathematica Stephen!
  • From: paulmchale7 at gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 05:51:11 -0400 (EDT)

Another "missing item" is toolbox.wolfram.com.  There are many functions people write that would be amazing useful to others but will never be shared.  I have shared some potential toolbox entries here like a function that receives evenly spaced time/data pairs and returns FFT in terms of Hz.  Handy to have laying around.  I started a Toolbox.nb that I refer to often.  It would be great to have an "open source" sharing mechanism to have the community support each other.  Some of the things in my toolbox:

1. Cool graphing functions with very simple legends
2. Canned functions for unique file formats
3. Easier ways to measure time than Timing[]
4. Database access routines
5. Initialization stuff
6. Functions to communicate over Ethernet
7. Functions to talk to external COTS test equipment

It would be cool to have a community place to store and share this stuff.  Like a sourceforge model for Mathematica.  Peer reviewed notebooks or external applications to extend Mathematica.

Any chance of this?

Thanks,
paul